ANNUAL COMPLIANCE PROGRAMS
Our Annual Compliance Program represents exceptional value for money and provides our clients with the services they need as well as a great list of benefits. An affordable yearly membership fee entitles our clients to:
- A detailed compliance report for every service.
- Unlimited smoke alarm compliance and maintenance services*.
- Free replacement of faulty or expired smoke alarms (at properties that haven't been upgraded to new standards)*.
- Free battery replacements.
- Free safety switch test (once per year).
- Free water meter readings for new tenancies (at property manager’s request).
- 10% discount on our electrical, blind cord services.
Unlike some of our competitors, we do not apply call-out fees for smoke alarm services required outside of lease renewals or new tenancies.
We provide a 10% discount to property owners with five or more properties on our Annual Compliance Program!
Annual Compliance Program - Previous standards $88
Annual Compliance Program - New standards $119
* Does not include damaged or missing smoke alarms.
* Does not include smoke alarms not installed by us whilst covered by manufacturer warranty.
* Additional costs apply to replace smoke alarms not installed by Quickcheck (at properties upgraded to new standards)
* Does not cover incorrect installations by other electricians or troubleshooting and rectification of electrical issues.
* Additional costs apply to replace smoke alarms not installed by Quickcheck (at upgraded properties)
* Additional costs apply to replace faulty smoke alarms installed by Quickcheck that are no longer covered by manufacturer warranty (at upgraded properties)
* Does not include an out of hours service or the cost of another contractor to attend out of hours
* Red Smoke Alarms are installed at $150 per smoke alarm, where required.
* In some cases, quotes can be provided to replace other brands including PSA, Brooks, Clipsal & Emerald smoke alarms.
SMOKE ALARM UPGRADES
The introduction of the Queensland government's new smoke alarm laws has placed additional requirements on property owners and property managers. Rental properties must have smoke alarms that meet the new standards from January 2022. Owners of private residential properties must meet the new standards by January 2027. The new laws require smoke alarms to be:
- photoelectric, complying with Australian Standard 3786-2014,
- powered by an enduring power source,
- interconnected, and
- installed in prescribed locations, including all bedrooms.
Quickcheck has introduced an upgrade service that will ensure that smoke alarms are correctly installed and meet new standards.
As a locally based electrical contractor, our price is lower than our larger competitors and is tax deductible for rental property owners.
For $150 per smoke alarm, we will install the correct number and type of smoke alarms required for compliance. This includes:
- The installation of quality photoelectric smoke alarms (AS3786:2014) with a 10 year warranty.
- The replacement of existing 240 Volt and installation of wireless smoke alarms in all other locations.
- The interconnection of all smoke alarms (hardwired where required, or wirelessly).
- Install a wireless, wall mounted Smoke Alarm Controller so that occupants can instantly deal with false alarms (at rental properties)
- All materials and labour
- A separate smoke alarm circuit where possible/if required
- A quality safety switch, if applicable
- A safety switch test
- A smoke alarm compliance report and electrical compliance certificate.
- A guarantee that your property meets with the new requirements!
- Free on-site training and "instruction sheets" for occupants.
- One year's free membership on our Annual Compliance Program (for rental properties, valid from date of upgrade).
We have specialised in the installation, replacement and maintenance of smoke alarms since 2007 and will continue to ensure that the properties we service are smoke alarm compliant.
Our licensed electricians will install a quality smoke alarm system tailored to best protect property and ensure the safety of tenants. Other electricians offering a lower cost may not have the experience and knowledge to correctly locate smoke alarms, and reduce costs by not protecting the smoke alarm circuit with a safety switch, or by using inferior components.
Contact us to book your Smoke Alarm Upgrade!
SPECIAL UPGRADE OFFER FOR RENTAL PROPERTY OWNERS!
Property owners who choose Quickcheck to undertake the Smoke Alarm Upgrade at their rental property receive one year's free membership on our Annual Compliance Program, valued at up to $119 (valid for one year from the date of upgrade).
Contact Quickcheck to book in the Smoke Alarm Upgrade at your rental property, and we will include a Smoke Alarm Controller at no additional cost! This is valued at $88.
The Smoke Alarm Controller is a great new product (like a wireless, remote controller) that allows tenants to easily identify, locate and silence false activating smoke alarms.
We also include a safety switch test and installation of a safety switch, if required.
Quickcheck's upgrade service represents great value and savings to property owners!
....Contact us today and ask us about our interest free Payment Plan!
Smoke alarm upgrades complying with new standards $150 per smoke alarm
PROBLEMATIC SMOKE ALARMS
- Are your smoke alarms beeping or do they activate when you shower, or cook?
- Does the smoke alarm located near the kitchen or bathroom activate?
- Is the smoke alarm out of reach, so you can't replace a battery?
Quickcheck can help you solve your smoke alarm problems. Our team of qualified professionals has specialised in smoke alarm servicing more than 10 years, providing the best service at an affordable price. Unlike our competitors, we are the only smoke alarm specialists predominantly employing licensed electricians to make sure that work is done in a quality and professional manner, and at the time of attendance. Our team of electricians has the experience and knowledge to immediately identify and rectify issues that may be causing smoke alarms to false-activate.
We will conduct a detailed smoke alarm compliance check and service. This includes:
- Ensuring smoke alarms are operating correctly.
- Ensuring the correct number of smoke alarms are installed.
- Ensuring smoke alarms correctly positioned
- Detaching and cleaning all smoke alarms
- Battery testing and replacement (9 volt back-up batteries)
- Ensuring smoke alarms are within their service life
- Provide a detailed Compliance Check and Service Report.
- Provide a free Smoke Alarm Upgrade Quote.
NOTE: We do not provide a 24 hour emergency service. We do provide instruction sheets for occupants and can provide free on-site training. We will promptly attend to your job during business hours. Keep an eye out for our instruction tutorials.... coming soon!
For properties that are not listed on our Annual Compliance Program, we also offer services on a single/one-off basis.
Applicable for properties serviced on a single/one-off basis, or for replacement of missing or damaged smoke alarms, where suitable:
Smoke Alarm Service (Single/one-off service) $66
9 Volt smoke alarm (9v battery back-up) $25
9 Volt stand-alone smoke alarm (10 year) $33
240 Volt smoke alarm (Red brand) $55
10 year wireless smoke alarm (Red brand) $99
Smoke Alarm Controller (remote/wireless feature - Red brand) $88
Wireless base (Red brand) $66