SALE PROPERTY SERVICES
At Quickcheck, we know that selling your property can be time consuming and stressful. All the cleaning, tidying, gardening and little repairs to have your property looking its best is often difficult enough to deal with, and then there is the stress that comes with completing all the forms and sale documents that are required! With so much going on, it can sometimes be difficult to be sure that the information you provide in the forms and sale documents is correct.
We can help to reduce that stress by providing the services you need to complete forms and sale documents!
Click here for our Sales Services Flyer and information regarding our Smoke Alarm Upgrade services!
Unlike our competitors, we do not apply large fees for an "express" service.
For selected regions, we can ensure the upgrade is complete within a two business day turnaround, at no additional cost!
Our team of qualified professionals specialise in:
- Smoke Alarm Upgrades
- Smoke Alarm Services (Certification & Maintenance)
- Safety Switch Testing and Installation
- Maintenance Electrical Services
SMOKE ALARM COMPLIANCE
Don't get caught! If the smoke alarms do not meet with legislative requirements, the buyer can be entitled to 0.15% of the purchase price.
When selling a domestic property, property sellers are required to lodge a Form 24 Property Transfer with the Queensland Land Registry Office stating the requirements of the smoke alarm legislation have been met.
Some vendors are unaware that by ticking "Yes" on the Form 24, they are legally stating that the property has the required number of smoke alarms, they are correctly installed and located, comply with Australian Standards and are within their service life and in good working order.
How can you be sure you've provided the correct information?
Our easy and affordable Smoke Alarm Service is designed to help property owners ensure they are providing correct information in their forms and sale documents. Our team of Smoke Alarm Specialists will:
- Ensure the property has the required number of smoke alarms
- Ensure the smoke alarms are correctly installed and located
- Ensure the smoke alarms comply with Australian Standards
- Ensure the smoke alarms are within their service life
- Ensure the smoke alarms are in good working order
- Replace the batteries in the smoke alarms
- Provide a written report (certificate of compliance)
We are also able to replace and/or install smoke alarms if required.
SMOKE ALARM UPGRADES
From 2022, the Queensland government's new smoke alarm laws have placed additional requirements on property owners. All sale properties sold after 1 January 2022 must comply with the new smoke alarm standards.
Effectively, sale properties will require hardwired photoelectric, interconnected smoke alarms or non-removable 10-year battery smoke alarms can be installed.
Smoke alarms in the dwelling must:
be photoelectric (AS3786-2014); and
not also contain an ionisation sensor; and
be interconnected with every other smoke alarm in the dwelling so all activate together.
Existing hardwired smoke alarms that need replacement, must be replaced with a hardwired smoke alarm.
It is possible to have a combination of smoke alarms (240v and 10 year wireless) and interconnectivity can be both wired and/or wireless.
The legislation requires smoke alarms must be installed in the following locations:
on each storey
in each bedroom
if there is no hallway, between the bedroom and other parts of the storey; and
if there are no bedrooms on a storey, at least one smoke alarm must be installed in the most likely path of travel to exit the dwelling.
- Smoke alarms must be upgraded to meet with the new domestic smoke alarm standard prior to sale/settlement.
- The obligation sits with the person selling the property to upgrade the property to the required standard.
- The relevant section of the Form 24 needs to completed by the seller to declare the smoke alarms have been upgraded and meet with the requirements of the new legislation, prior to sale. The form must accompany the Titles Registry Form 1 (transfer when lodged in the titles registry) and must be lodged as part of the settlement process.
- There are penalties attached to property owners who fail to meet with this obligation.
- Property owners can be issued multiple fines for each instance the QFES attend the dwelling and gather evidence of non-compliance.
To read an overview of the smoke alarm laws, visit this page...
HOW YOU CAN FURTHER ASSIST YOUR SELLERS
If your seller think their property has already been upgraded, you might seek a certificate of compliance as proof that the smoke alarms have been upgraded prior to submitting the Form 24.
There may be some circumstances where owners upgrade the alarms themselves or have arranged previously but have no details or a certificate to confirm this. In these cases, for $66, you can arrange for Quickcheck to complete a one off smoke alarm service and provide a certificate of service that outlines that the property complies!
SPECIAL UPGRADE OFFER
For sale properties that haven’t been upgraded, our upgrade cost to upgrade the smoke alarms to meet with the legislation is just $150 per smoke alarm required! This includes:
- A certificate of compliance
- The installation of a smoke alarm controller valued at $88
- A safety switch test and a report outlining which sub-circuits are protected by a safety switch.
As with smoke alarms, if you are selling a property, you are required to answer questions regarding safety switches at the property.
If you are selling a domestic property, you must first establish if a safety switch is installed for power point circuits, which must be declared on the standard sales contract and Form 24 Property Transfer. If you buy a property without a safety switch, you must install a safety switch for the power point circuits within three months of a property transfer. This applies to any transfer of domestic premises.
It is required by law that an electrical safety switch must be installed for all general purpose socket outlets, and the transferor must inform the transferee in writing about its existence.
Quickcheck's Safety Switch Test includes testing the functionality of existing safety switches that protect existing circuits and a report outlining which sub circuits are protected by a safety switch.
Contact us today to arrange services!
Smoke Alarm Service (including certificate of compliance) $66
Safety Switch Test $44
Smoke Alarm Upgrade (including Safety Switch Test) $150 per smoke alarm required